Hey friends. Happy Sunday!!
So I was at Trader Joe's the other day, (better known as my second home) and I found these amazing peanut butter chips. I don' think you can go wrong with desserts when it comes to peanut butter so I know I HAD to make something delicious with them. Here's my finished product!
2 1/2 Cups flour
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 Cup cold salted butter, cut up
3/4 Cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 Cup peanut butter chips
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE:
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 Tbsp milk
For the scones:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until it crumbles. The butter crumbles should be no bigger than the size of your finger nail. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl or a measuring cup, mix eggs and heavy whipping cream together until combined. Add in peanut butter chips and pour wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix until combined. Do not overmix!
4. Knead the dough a bit by hand for about 30 seconds and divide the dough in half. Shape both into disc-like shapes that are about 6-7 inches wide. Cut into 6 pieces- you should have 12 triangle-shaped pieces total. Place the triangles about 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes.
For the glaze:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk. Drizzle over scones and enjoy!