It's fall and you know what that means: beach days, sunscreen and PSL's! Ahh, gotta love California. Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year. Well, okay. Every season is my favorite season... But I am really hoping for some cooler weather this time around. Anyone else agree? I miss sitting at home on a rainy day and reading a good book and eating some delicious pumpkin bread- which is exactly what I made today! Except I made it gluten-free and with a little ribbon of Nutella.
How good does this gluten-free pumpkin bread look? It's so moist and has the perfect amount of pumpkin where it's not overly sweet but not bland. The Nutella swirl gives it just the right touch of chocolatey sweetness.
Try it out and tell me what you think!
1 1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 of a 15oz can of pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of two 9X5X3-inch loaf pans; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil and greek yogurt on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Add flour mixture to the stand mixer and mix until combined. Beat in the pumpkin and scrape down the sides as needed.
5. Pour half of the mixture into greased pans and spoon small amounts of nutella over the batter. Then pour the remaining batter on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean: about 30-35 minutes. Note** time varies depending on oven. Let cool and enjoy!