If I could eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it'd be cereal without a doubt so I had to make my own cookie recipe where I could throw them in. Here it is!
These cookies are too good for words! And... they're Vegan!! They taste so buttery and delicious you won't want to stop at just 1.
My main goals in cookie baking are: 1. To make them taste amazing and 2. To create a recipe that doesn't take forever- the easier to make, the better.
WELL HERE YOU GO!
1 Cup Organic Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, at room temp-not melted
1/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk- I used Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All Purpose Flour- This can be substituted with any type of flour- I used Gluten Free
1/3 Cup Cap'n Crunch Flour- You can easily make this by smashing Cap'n Crunch Cereal in a plastic baggy until it's a flour consistency
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Cap'n Crunch Cereal +1/2 Cup for the topping
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, brown sugar, dairy-free milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, Cap'n Crunch flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Then slowly add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until there are no lumps. At first it will be crumbly- do not worry! Keep on mixing and it will turn into a smooth doughy consistency.
4. Fold in 1 Cup of the Cap'n Crunch Cereal. Then roll the dough into Tablespoon sized balls and place on your baking sheet. Slightly flatten the cookies with your hand. Then grab the extra 1/2 Cup Of Cereal and push it into the tops of the cookie dough balls.
5. These cookies do not spread much so they can be placed 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool.