These Vegan Chocolate Crepes are to die for! The only thing that would make them better are Paleo Caramelized Bananas. Oh wait.. GOT EM!
This recipe serves 3-4 people or 2 very hungry people.
If you're having friends over and want to impress them with a beautiful and secretly healthy breakfast, make these!
This recipe makes 12-16 6-inch crepes (3-4 people.)
For 1-2 people, divide recipe in half.
For The Crepes:
1 Cup non-dairy liquid (I used almond milk)
**Note** you may need more almond milk if the batter is too thick
3 Tablespoons Agave (Can be substituted with maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice)
1 Cup Gluten-Free Flour (I used GF Oat Flour)
1/4 Cup Cacao Magic Superfood Powder (Can be substituted with Unsweetened Cocoa Powder)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
For the Paleo Caramelized Bananas:
2 Large Slightly Green Bananas (if they are slightly ripe, that's okay)
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons CacaoBee Honey OR any honey of your choice
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
A Pinch Of Salt
For the Crepes:
1. In a large bowl or a small blender, blend all ingredients together and place batter in the refrigerator and allow to thicken for 5 minutes. The battery should be very liquidy. If it is not, add more liquid and blend.
2. Once it's ready, heat a small sauce pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Poor about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl the pan around until the batter makes an evenly coated circle. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip. Cook the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes. Then place the crepes on a plate while you make your caramelized bananas.
For the Paleo caramelized bananas:
1. In a medium sauce pan, turn the heat on low and add the coconut oil and honey. Mix a bit until they are both melted.
2. Slice both bananas in half inch thick pieces. Put the bananas in the pan. Sprinkle the bananas with cinnamon and salt. Wait 3-4 minutes or until the bananas are Caramelized on one side. Then toss the bananas around in the pan until they are all flipped over. Cook again for 3-4 minutes.
3. Put the banana mixture into each crepe and fold them up. Serve and enjoy!